There’s nothing better than a soft boiled egg and soldiers. Great for a weekend breakfast or a quick mid-week tea for the kids. We call them dippy eggs in my house and love them with hot buttered toast fingers as our soldiers to plunge into the runny egg yolk. If you like Marmite, you could also try them with Marmite fingers.
Here’s how to make the perfect soft boiled egg – with a firm white and soft gooey yolk.
You Will Need:
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread
How To Make the Perfect Boiled Egg and Soldiers:
- Pick an egg at room temperature (not straight from the fridge).
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil.
- Drop the egg carefully into the boiling water.
- Boil the egg for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes rinse the egg in cold water until the shell is just cool to touch.
- Cut the top off the egg and serve with slices of toast soldiers.