This is a fantastic summer holiday project that my friend created with her kids. There are no hard and fast rules, just create and add with your imagination. The great thing is that this activity can be done over the whole holidays and visiting friends can add to the collage.
- Rolls of plain paper or the backs of old rolls of wall paper
- Blue, yellow and white paint
- Green tissue paper
- Glue or sticky tack
How to Make a Seaside Theme Freeze
- Start by creating the background to your freeze. Decide how wide you want to create it and then cut several lengths of paper.
- Paint each one a different colour. Yellow for the sandy bottom of the ocean, blue for the ocean, more yellow for the beach and a paler blue for the sky. You could even add some cotton wool clouds for extra texture in the sky if you like.
- Once dry, stick together to create your seaside scene with a view of above and below the ocean.
- Next create individual pieces to decorate and glue on. Here are some ideas
– green tissue paper seaweed
– coloured fish with glitter under the sea
– simple beach huts
– people on the beach
– a jelly fish