Here’s how to make an easy superhero mask from felt – no sewing required! If you’re looking to make a full superhero costume, check out the step by step tutorial to make an easy superhero cape and superhero cuffs.
- Different colours of felt
- We also used some shiny gold fabric
- PVA white glue
How to Make a Superhero Mask
- Cut a basic mask shape from a backing piece of felt (we used white) and two eye pieces (we used red). See the pictures below for example shapes. You can use a pair of child’s sunglasses to help judge the right size.
- We glued some shiny gold fabric on to the backing piece of felt then glued the red eye pieces on top.
- Allow to dry then cut out eye holes.
- Make a hole at each side of the mask using a skewer. Tie elastic on to complete the mask.
Your superhero mask is now ready to wear. You could try making some superhero cuffs or a superhero cape top to complete the costume. (Click on the links to see these tutorials).