Millets Farm Centre is great for a trip with younger kids and really good value too as it’s free! It’s perfect if you want to pop in somewhere to see a few animals and have a play.
Millets Farm Zoo
There are a range of different animals to see from cows and ducks to the more exotic rheas. It’s not a whole day out trip but kids will enjoy ambling along the main path and looking at the animals on either side. Why not bring some bird food for the ducks but watch out for the hungry ones. If you’re their at the right time you might even see some ducklings and cygnets.
Millets Children’s Play Area
Next to the farm zoo and close to the restaurant and picnic areas is the play area. There’s a good range of equipment from swings and slides to a sandpit.
Eating & Drinking at Millets Farm Centre
There is a lovely farm shop and next to it a restaurant that serves up yummy food but it’s popular and can get very busy at peak days and times. If you’re on a budget and it’s a sunny day, there is plenty of space outside that you can find a spot for a picnic.
Other Attractions at Millets
- Winner for 2 years in a row of the best soft play in the Red Kite Days awards, Sprouts at Millets Farm is a great soft play centre.
- Frosts Garden Centre is on the grounds of Millets Farm Centre. Keep an eye out on our what’s on pages as they often have family friendly events. Last summer, my son really enjoyed their covered ‘beach’ and play area that they had set up.
- Phoebe Wood is a ten-acre site, comprising woodland and wetland walks along the banks of the River Ock, as well as picnic facilities.
- Millets Falconry Centre is home to over 80 birds of prey. While Millets is free, the falconry centre is independent and there are charges applicable if you want to visit.
- The PYO is open from June to September and is the perfect way to engage your kids in fresh food and where it comes from.
If you’re looking for a fun trip out that won’t break the bank then Millets Farm Centre is a great option.
They regularly have family friendly events that the kids will love. Our What’s On page keeps these listed with everything from fairs to a visiting circus and the Maize Maze each summer.