It’s can be a bit tricky to make mini pom poms in the traditional way. Here’s an easy method to make mini wool pom poms and all you need is a fork, some wool and nimble fingers. They’re quick to make so why not make lots and use to decorate other crafts or create a DIY mini pom pom garland.
What You Need
How to Make Mini Pom Poms
- Take the wool and start wrapping it around the outer prongs of the fork.
- You don’t need to tie the wool, just leave it loose and you can trim any long bits at the end.
- Keep wrapping until there’s a thick bunch.
- Cut the wool from the ball.
- Cut another piece of wool.
- Tie the wool around the bunch on the fork, passing it through the central prongs.
- Make sure you knot it tightly so the pom pom doesn’t fall apart.
- Slip the tied bunch of wool off the fork.
- Clip all the loops.
- Fluff up your pom pom and trim any straggly bits.
What are you going to use your mini pom poms for?