Here’s a fun project to create your own doll’s grocery store. It’s better suited for older children to make, but younger children could enjoy picking out the shopping items, watching the laminating process and will enjoy playing with the end result.
- Shoe box for the shop
- Supermarket magazines
- Laminating pouch and laminator
- Disposable razor cartridges for the shelves
- Rectangular box packaging to make a shopping basket (I used a drinks bottle)
- Pipe cleaner for the shopping basket handle
- Glue, scissors
How to Make a Dolls House Grocery Store
- Cut out pictures from the magazine for the items you want to stock in your supermarket. Or draw your own! The items should fit the razor cartridge shelving (about 3cm x 3cm).
- Put all of the pictures into a laminating pouch and laminate. As long as you have some space between the pictures you can put multiple pictures in the same pouch.
- Cut out the laminated shapes. I cut squares approx 3cm x 3cm
- Glue the disposable razor cartridges onto the inside walls of the shoe box. This is your shelving.
- Stock the shelving with the laminated supermarket items.
- Now it’s time to make the shopping basket.
- Cut the end off the drinks bottle (or other rectangular packaging) to make the shopping basket.
- Punch two holes in either side of the ‘basket’ and make a handle out of a pipe cleaner. You can just twist the ends up to secure on each side.
Now it’s time to shop!