Making your own glitter snow globes is loads of fun and easy to do. Preschoolers will be fascinated with their finished creation.
What you Need to Make a Glitter Snow Globe
- Empty watertight glass jar – tall ones with minimal decoration on the glass work best
- Plastic figurine – tall ones look best
- Cooled boiled water
- Super glue
How to Make a Glitter Snow Globe
- Glue a plastic figurine (or anything waterproof) onto a jam jar lid using super glue. Make sure an adult does the super gluing step.
- Add about a teaspoon of glitter in the jar.
- Add 2 teaspoons of glycerine to a cup of cooled boiled water. The glycerine thickens the water and makes the glitter float slowly.
- Add the glycerine and water mix to the jar, filling it up to the top.
- Screw the lid with the figurine onto the jar.
- Shake and enjoy watching your snowstorm glitter globe.
We tried a very small jar and a larger one. The tall jar worked much better as the glitter took much longer to float down after shaking.