Creating a giant floor mural is a great rainy day activity. The project works really well as a group activity with kids of all ages – perfect if you’re looking for an activity for different ages or something fun to do when children have friends over. If you don’t mind keeping it out for a few days, it’s also a fun project to add to over a weekend. Have fun thinking up a theme – how about under the sea, a row of shops, a zoo or a farm?
You will need:
- Long roll of paper – we love the rolls of craft paper from IKEA which costs £3 per roll.
- Masking tape
- Pens, pencils, crayons, paints or other decoration items
How to make it:
- Decide how long you want your mural to be and cut this length of paper from the roll.
- Tape down the edges to the floor using masking tape.
- Let your imaginations go wild, creating your scene across the paper.