A moist, delicious and easy to make recipe for banana bread. It’s a great one for even young kids to get involved with making too as it doesn’t require a lot of skill to create and mashing bananas is always fun.
You will need:
- 225g self raising flour
- 100g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 450g bananas (peeled and mashed)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 175g mixed dried fruit
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180c fan / gas mark 4
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the dried fruit.
- Add in the dried fruit
- Line the base of a 1kg loaf tin and grease the sides.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for approx. 1.5 hours. If it starts to darken too much on top, you can place a piece of foil over. The banana bread is ready if you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the loaf tin and cool on a wire rack.
This banana bread is divine still warm from the oven but it also keeps well for a couple of days if kept in an airtight container.