Rocky Road is one of the easiest, tastiest but not very healthy recipes you can make with kids and it doesn’t involve any baking. It also goes down a storm at a school bake sale.
You Will Need:
- 200g cooking chocolate (half dark and half milk chocolate works well)
- 3 tbsp. golden syrup
- 150g butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g mini marshmallows
- A couple of handfuls of dried fruit and/or nuts if you like
How to make Rocky Road:
- Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper, this will make it easy to get out when you’re ready to cut it into squares.
- Pop your marshmallows in the freezer in advance. This way, they won’t melt in the hot chocolate and will keep their shape.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup. It’s quick and easy to do in a microwave.
- Bash up the biscuits and add to the melted chocolate along with the mini marshmallows anything else you fancy like raisins, dried fruits or nuts.
- Mix it all together and then pour into the baking tin and flatten out.
- Place in fridge until almost set and then remove and cut into pieces. If you’re in a rush, you can speed things up by putting in the freezer.