This bread & butter apple bake with sprinkles is an easy pudding for kids to make and tastes delicious.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 apple
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 25g caster sugar
- A few white chocolate buttons (or white choc chips)
- Small ovenproof dish (about 400ml)
How to make the rainbow bread & butter apple bake:
- Grease the dish with a little butter.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with some soft butter.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles.
- Layer 4 triangles (from one of the slices of bread) into the bottom of the dish, butter slide down.
- Peel the apple and cut into slices. Add these into the dish on top of the slices of bread. You could stew the apple first to soften it or just use slices directly.
- Add a few white chocolate buttons and sprinkles.
- Layer the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of the apple, butter side up.
- Whisk the egg, milk and sugar together and pour into the dish over the bread layers.
- Add some more white chocolate buttons and sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 25 mins at 180 degrees.